So you want to be a big shot, stay cool and win that freeze-out tournament. You have an inkling that poker is something you were born to do, but where you live no one you know knows the rules, there is no casino in over one hundred miles and you’d feel intimidated anyway. pokerjazz77 So the option is to find the best online poker sites you can and get cashing in your hard earned chips.
When looking for online poker sites you have to find the ones that are right for you. Here’s a few tips when looking for a site:
- Find one that has a free trial period or offers you some free incentive. That way you can get to try out the place before committing to regular payments or subscriptions.
- Stay away from spam. Find out what happens if you do sign up. The slightest sign up scam you can overcome through a good link sometimes hidden deep within a page or email.
- Get yourself to a point where you have magazines, books, or newsletters delivered to your door or into your inbox. The best places to get poker magazines are at online bookstores or in your neighborhood Auburn subscribe to. Packaged choices are often more expensive than subscription points, but they are a lot of fun to read.
- Also get yourself a good poker set. You can get a poker table, poker chips, protecting wallets, card shufflers, notepads, sunglasses, etc., You get the idea. College buddies are always bringing their own poker set to the Friday night home game. I’ve got a poker chip set, actually a box full of chips, and when I bring one to the office, people actually think I bought it at a store. Sites like Amazon include Poker Tools. Get yourself a set to avoid that awkwardness.
- But, you’re not done. You’re going to need a poker table, or you better find one to your liking. I have an office nearby that I go to every week to play at. Once again, don’t worry about getting a poker table, make a note if you’re planning on hosting a poker night, and come back here to get your own.
- Probably the most important thing to remember is to invite people. Invite your friends that may be intimidated to play with you or your friends. If you live in Hi-Lo, know who your home poker buddies are, or at least know where your home poker buddies live. That way if you win you can all sit around and pretend you’re poker pros.
- Buy a poker book. Find some good books about playing poker, and read a little each time you go to the store. Maybe buy a book online to get started. Poker is a sport, and like any sports, it takes practice to make perfect. Just like a sport, you’re going to see people that are better at it, and you’re going to see them get beat. The biggest poker players in the world got beat at it, so at least you can look up on how to get beat at it yourself.
- Hang out with your friends who are into the same thing. Gather your strategies together, and start to apply them at your home Texas Holdem games. You will be able to share you strategies with each other, and work on your game.
You can play poker online at any of the many good poker sites on the internet. You can find a list of good Texas Holdem poker sites to play at online by typing in what you’re looking for – poker sites, online poker list, online texas holdem list. You can read some good poker books either online or at the library. Study your play and improve, and watch the money start to roll in. Good luck and don’t stress!